Friday, February 15, 2008

Work Ethic

When I was hired for my job I knew that there would be times when I would have to put in more than 40 hours a week. I hold a salaried position so I would prefer to not work more than 40 hours. Today one of the guys quit stating that he was working too many hours. I thought to myself, too many hours? He puts in less than I do, has less responsibility and was paid more than me.

So it brings me to wonder where has the good old fashion work ethic gone to? I hear about people quitting their jobs all the time, with no new job lined up to go to. How do people do this? Now I don't live paycheck to paycheck and have some money saved up, but I never could quit my job without having a new one lined up.

I guess the part of this guy quitting that bugs me the most is I know that I am going to have to fill the void. Maybe I will get lucky and get a raise out of the deal, but more than likely I will just get stuck with the extra work load.

Well I feel better now that I have put my little rant out so I think I will go surf the net for some new pics to add to my collection.

Jester

No comments: