Tuesday, June 14, 2011

To be or not to be out?

I'm seriously thinking of coming out at work, but it might cause more harm then good. I work in the construction industry and the majority of the guys I work with are REAL old school. I know that they can't fire me for being gay, but I need to come out so these guys can know the real me.

One of the temp guys is gay (totally not my type lol!), and out to 3 or 4 guys at the shop, yet those guys don't seem to have a problem with it. If I come out and all goes south I couldn't afford to leave this job so what should I do?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

How are you doing? Did you come out? That cannot be an easy decision, I hope you have a good friend you can talk with.

dan said...

wait it out maybe....

Stephen said...

just another NE guy here( in closet)
just found your blog... thought I check in

hope all is well... have faith!