Wednesday, September 5, 2007

Time for the real me to emerge!

So here I am starting my transition into an openly gay life. I am going to have to take baby steps with the coming out process though. I wish however that I could just wakeup tomorrow and everyone would know and would be happy for me. A guy can dream can't he?

Now a little about me.
I am from a small town in central Nebraska. I have loving parents and a large family. However my family is Catholic and if I was to come out right this minute I would probably be shunned for the rest of my life. Well maybe not, but my mom would faint for sure. I have hinted about gay topics just to get a feel for where they sit. It has not been positive.

I do however go out to the local gay bar and I have slept with other men, so I am definitely gay. I am also proud that I am gay. I wish I could be out publicly though. I am not out at work but I don't come out and say that I am not into women. All the ladies in the office think I need to settle down with a nice girl, hell one even tried to set me up on a date with her daughter. I am not ashamed to be seen at the bar or in public with another man so what is the big deal with me coming out to everyone?

No comments: